Guess who’s turning one tomorrow?! (Hint: it’s not me)
Ella and Rosie! Can you believe it? I plan to do a little write up next week about what I’ve learned in my first year of being their mom, but I want to include some pictures of them experiencing cake for the first time so stay tuned for that!
If you follow me on Instagram, then you might remember a series I started called Ten Random Things about Me You Don’t Care About, but I’m Going to Tell you Anyway (you can find the other two posts here and here).
I’ve decided to continue that series, but do it here instead of on Instagram so those of you who don’t have Instagram can now be blessed with this knowledge (#kidding). I’m going to change it a bit so it’s just Ten Random Things instead of Ten Random Things about Me because, well, it gets a little exhausting being so narcissistic.
So here goes!
- I’m afraid of hair. Yup, I’m putting this on the internet. I have a fear of hair that is not attached to a head. Now before you judge me too much, its a real thing (so hah!)
- I really enjoy working out and I try to be all intense and do weight training and running, but I can’t stop coming back to the Mari Winsor Pilates videos that my mom did in the 90’s (just more proof that I really am a 70 year old).
- My natural hair color is dishwater blonde and my eyes can best be described as a muddy green… so thanks for that universe.
- Kit lately has not wanted to “submit” to me. I always tell her to say “yes mommy” when I’m done telling her to do something and lately instead of saying that she says “yes, mammuf.” As if that somehow negates the act of submitting (ha!).
- David and I are re-watching the Office and it gets even better with age.
- I’m thinking about doing another half marathon, but this time trying to do it right. The first (and only) half marathon I ran, I found out later that I ran on a stress fracture (which I’d like to say explained my snails pace, but…). I didn’t weight train at all while I was training, which I now realize I should probably do (duh!).
- Speaking of running at a snails pace, I have been running for about ten years now and I still run at an 11 minute mile. I am literally the world’s slowest runner. I’ve tried to do interval training to increase my pace, but I’m thinking it’s just not in the cards.
- I’ve noticed lately that Kit is becoming a little bit of a hoarder of small items, which doesn’t suprise me because when I was little I used to keep gummy bears (instead of eating them) and hide them in my underwear drawer because I thought they were so cute. If that’s not the making of a horror movie then I don’t know what is!
- Speaking of horror movies, I am the world’s biggest wuss when it comes to scary stuff! I still have nightmares sometimes about Scream (the original one that I saw in theatres because I’m that old) and I can’t even watch Stranger Things.
- And finally… I am known amongst my friends as being the “drink leaver”. I take a few sips of a beverage and then just never finish it. It drives David absolutely crazy and when I was in high school, it drove one of my boyfriends’ moms crazy too (to the point where she started getting liters of soda at parties instead of cans… whoops!).
So there you have it. I’d love to hear some random things about you! Leave them in the comments below or if you’re feeling bold, post them on instagram with the hashtag #randomthingsaboutmeyouyoudontcareaboutbutimgoingtotellyouanyway and make sure to tag me in it so I can see them. This is probably one of the vainer things we could do in life, but it’s also kind of fun. 😉
And happy weekend!
Blush Sweatshirt: Old Gap | Ethical Option
Oversized Scarf: Thrifted | Similar
Until next time,