So I shared my word of the year on Monday, and I have to say, once again:
thank you for being such a safe space for me. In the (almost) three years that I’ve been blogging, I have rarely encountered trolling and online bullies and I am very grateful for that. You ladies are such an encouragement to me.
Today I thought it would be fun (and a little more lighthearted) to dive in to some of my more practical resolutions.
I know a lot of people don’t like doing resolutions because it causes them to feel like failures when life happens and they don’t stick to those resolutions perfectly.
And I get that…
but I actually like to view resolutions as goal setting. And I’m a big fan of setting goals because:
a. they help you to visualize what/where you want to get/go in life.
b. they give you a better sense of what to say no to and what to say yes to (i.e. they help you prioritize).
Will I do all of them perfectly all year? Heck no. But, to me, that’s not the point. It’s less about rules and more about helpful guidelines.
Anyway… I have several categories that I want to work on this year and I’m just going to list out for you exactly what I have written in my iPhone notes:
Self Care (this was a big one for me to write goals in because I did a horrible job of this in 2017):
- Get dressed every day, wash my face, take a shower, etc. (It’s sad that I had to write these things down, but these things were not prioritized this past year).
- Workout a few times a week… hopefully/possibly run another half marathon this year.
- Read a book most nights.
- Shut my phone off at 9:00 every night.
- Spend time journaling/praying every day.
- Learn to sew and knit.
- Listen to more challenging podcasts.
- Spend time outdoors.
- Have a date night every weekend where we cook dinner after the girls go to bed.
- Grow in my ability to have patience with Kit when she’s having temper tantrums.
- Find a way to spend time with the Ella and Rosie on a more individual basis.
- Eat well. Don’t diet, but eat what my body wants, when it wants it.
- Stick to the Tone it up Weekly Schedule as much as possible.
Obviously, there’s a lot more that I could be focusing on, but these are just some tangible things that I can work towards (again, not perfectly!).
Do you guys come up with yearly goals/resolutions?
Blanket Scarf: Old Madewell | Similar
Until next time,